This knit washcloth pattern uses the embossed knitting technique. Try it out for yourself and make a knit washcloth or a whole garden of knit washcloths featuring daisy designs. When your project is complete, you’ll see the unmistakable image of a daisy embossed in the middle of the washcloth. Just check out the photo below, and then follow the pattern instructions. Happy knitting!
Skill Level: Easy
Finished Size: 8 1/2 inches square
- Worsted weight yarn* (120 yards/70g per ball): 1 ball rose pink #00046
- Size 6 (4mm) needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch markers
- Sample project was completed with Sugar ‘n Cream (100 percent cotton) from Lily.
- Gauge 18 sts and 28 rows = 4 inches/10cm in St st
- To save time, take time to check gauge.
Knit Washcloth Pattern Instructions:
Cast on 40 sts.
- row 1 (rS): *K1, p1; rep from * across.
- row 2: *P1, k1; rep from * across. Rep Rows 1 and 2.
- row 1 (rS): K1, p1, k1, purl to last 3 sts, end p1, k1, p1.
- row 2: P1, k1, p1, knit to last 3 sts, end k1, p1, k1. [Rep Rows 1 and 2] 4 times.
- Set up pat
- Next row: K1, p1, k1, p8, place marker, work Row 1 of chart across next 18 sts, place marker, p8, end p1, k1, p1.
- Next row: P1, k1, p1, knit to marker, sl marker, work Row 2 of chart, sl marker, knit to last 3 sts, end k1, p1, k1.
- Continue in established pat, working first and last 3 sts in seed st, center 18 sts following chart (page 64) and rem sts in rev St st until Row 26 of chart is completed. [Rep Rows 1 and 2] 5 times.
Border: Work 4 rows in seed st. Bind off all sts.
Design by Kathy Wesley